Dataview cannot be saved or canceled when select query is added V2021.5

Amarjargal 1 year ago in Configuration updated 1 year ago 6

When editing the dataview configuration (adding query, changing the column properties) the dataview becomes responsive when I try to save and close or cancel the modification and close the dataview properties (Geobank V11.2.321.3). 

The dataview is validating the buffer table. 

Is it because the dataview got too many select queries in it?

Now I cannot add any select query to the dataview as it becomes responsive any time I add a select query to it. 

Hi Amarjargal,

Can you check your memory and CPU usage through the task manager while running a query like this? If it gets too high, then it is likely a hardware limitation on your computer. I have also forwarded this request to our Geobank team who can hopefully provide some more specific advice. In the future, please feel free to reach out to support@micromine.com for the fastest response.

Thank you,

Sawyer

Hi Sawyer, 

Thank you for the reply. Everything seemed fine.

I have 32GB RAM and i7-10700 10th gen with 2.9Hz (16 CPUs).

I have nothing more than SQL and GB running on my PC during that time.

Cheers,

Amarjargal

Hi Amarjargal,

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but could you please attach that dataview that has an issue?

Best Regards,
Toli

Validate Buffer data 20211026.xml

Hi Toli,

Sorry for the trouble. The dataview may look a little different from what you guys are working on. The original dataview that comes with the database wouldn't open on my machine, so I had to export the dataview as XML and take the queries out there, and have made the dataview. 

Cheers,

Amarjargal

Hi Amarjargal,

I do not think you will be too surprised if I tell you that I had no issues editing that data view on my laptop (GB 11.2.332.4).
Usually, that is what developers response is  :-)

I added a new table to the existed list (BUFFER_GB_MINERAL) and a notepad page for it.
Everything was very fast to both editing and saving that updated data view...

Maybe try this on another PC if it is possible to arrange.

Validate Buffer data 20211026 _EDITED_.xml

Best Regards,
Toli

Hi Toli,

Thank you for the reply. 

I have pretty much expected this kind of answer, as nobody seems to have this issue. 

Can it be caused by the SQL server version I have? I have 15.0.2000.5 running on my machine. 

Well, thank you. I will try with another PC whether I can replicate it or not.

Again thank you very much for the reply.

Kind regards,

Amarjargal