Completed

Magnetic Susceptibility

Andrew P 4 years ago in Geobank Mobile updated by azagoskin 2 years ago 8

As a first post here I was wondering if anyone has managed to pair a KT10 v2 MagSus meter to Geobank Mobile?

If so, how...?

Thanks

Answer

Answer
Completed

Hello Andrew;

You can pair a KT10 v2 via USB or Bluetooth to gather either Magnetic Susceptibility or Conductivity data (or both, with limitations). To make this work, you should:

1. Make sure to setup a table to capture the required data;
  2. Install any drivers (supplied with your device) required for your MagSus device to connect;
  3. In Geobank Mobile, add the device (File>Device Manager):and configure the required settings: 
  4. Under the table configuration, Devices, add a mapping to the device you just added, and configure which fields you would like the data to be entered in: 
  5. Depending on how many readings you want to take, you can change how the cursor moves after a reading is taken by using the 'Auto-Advance' options under the column properties: 

There are some more detailed instructions, available on the web-help here

Hope this helps, let us know if you need any further assistance once you are able to give this a try?

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED

Awesome Tara. Thanks!

Had most of it, but was missing that final connection. Also changed the depth field to Copy (Increment)=1 to give the users one less thing to worry about.

Satisfaction mark by Andrew P 4 years ago

Hi Andrew, its pretty easy. what is your email address or number and i can get someone from the Geobank support team to contact you ASAP. otherwise send them a message directly and they will get back to you

cheers

Mark

Answer
Completed

Hello Andrew;

You can pair a KT10 v2 via USB or Bluetooth to gather either Magnetic Susceptibility or Conductivity data (or both, with limitations). To make this work, you should:

1. Make sure to setup a table to capture the required data;
  2. Install any drivers (supplied with your device) required for your MagSus device to connect;
  3. In Geobank Mobile, add the device (File>Device Manager):and configure the required settings: 
  4. Under the table configuration, Devices, add a mapping to the device you just added, and configure which fields you would like the data to be entered in: 
  5. Depending on how many readings you want to take, you can change how the cursor moves after a reading is taken by using the 'Auto-Advance' options under the column properties: 

There are some more detailed instructions, available on the web-help here

Hope this helps, let us know if you need any further assistance once you are able to give this a try?

Do you have plans to add other devices? we use GDD MPP-EM2S+ Probe and it is currently not available as a device for MagSus

Andrey

Hi Andrey, The Geobank team will get in touch with you to discuss this further.

Thanks Derek - that would be just great!

Regards,

Andrey

Hey Derek, I'm not sure if I missed the moment when someone wanted to contact me, but the question remains the same - do you plan to add other devices, if so - do you need export templates to set them up in the system? 
Currently i lean towards .csv import into GM, but developing the in-built MagSus capability would be preferable

Hi Andrey,

Could you please give a bit more details about your device?

If it is a keyboard emulator device than it is fairly simple to use as-is however if it is using rs-232 port then it requires dev work.

Best Regards,

Toli

Hi Anatoli,

I'm not sure where to check the parameters that you've specified, but here is the link to the manufacturer's website. The device is called GDD MPP Probe and it works with the Android tablet application

https://www.gddinstrumentation.com/mpp-probe