Hybrid Graphics and Low Performance Graphics Adaptor
Q - When starting Micromine 2013, the following message appears:
A - If you receive this message, this means you are using a machine with a hybrid graphics system and Micromine is using the low-performance graphics adaptor, although a better one is available on your machine.
You can always check your graphics configuration using TOOLS | CHECK GRAPHICS CONFIGURATION menu.
In this particular example, the laptop utilities Intel (low-performance) and NVidia (high-performance) graphics cards. Micromine will be able to work using the low-performance graphics card, however, you may experience the slower processing speeds and some artifacts working with 3D objects.
In order to modify the graphics settings, please follow the steps:
- Right-click on the Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel from the list:
- On the NVIDIA Control Panel, navigate to the the 3D Settings - Manage 3D settings list item.
- Press Add on the Program Settings tab of the Manage 3D Settings form.
- Navigate to the Micromine 2013 installation folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Micromine 2013) and select mmwin.exe. Press Open.
- Please expand the list under Select the preferred graphics processor for this program and select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Press Apply to apply the changes.
- Now, please restart Micromine 2013. You can check the modified graphics settings using TOOLS | CHECK GRAPHICS CONFIGURATION menu:
As you can see, Micromine 2013 is now using the high-performance NVidia graphics card.
Customer support service by UserEcho