You don’t need a survey record at the end of the hole.
If you have no surveys at zero
depth then MM will assume the hole direction is vertically down. Micromine only projects downwards, so it needs a zero depth measurement.
You can copy the first existing
survey and paste it into the survey file as a zero-depth measurement.
(And if you have no survey records for a drillhole that you consider straight then you can specify an azimuth and inclination via the collar. Those angles are optional fields for collar file usage.)
Here's a Python script that creates zero-depth downhole survey records (by copying the first known record for that hole
and giving it zero depth). Use the script as follows:
1. Save the script (e.g. into your current project directory)
2. Use the menu option Scripting | Open Script Editor to open the script
3. Modify lines 13 to 17 to match your Survey file (That is assumed to be in current project directory)
4. Make sure that the Survey file is closed.5. Run the script (a shortcut for that is CTRL+F5)
6. To see the changes, view the Script Output window pane and/or “ZeroDepthRepairFile.DAT”
7. Check that the changes to the survey file are correct, to be sure.
Customer support service by UserEcho